Your hearing aid is an important part of how you function every day, and if it malfunctions, you need it fixed quickly and correctly. If you need a hearing aid repair in or near Phoenix, AZ, reach out to Metro Hearing’s audiology team. We have six convenient Valley locations; visit our locations page to find the location nearest you.
Our audiologists can do many repairs in-house and partner with most hearing aid brands if a repair needs to be sent out.
Does Your Hearing Aid Need Repair?
If your hearing aid is not working properly, there are a few troubleshooting tricks you can try at home to see if the functionality improves.
- Check the microphone, speaker, and vent openings for obstructions
- Look in the battery compartment for corrosion
- Listen for feedback when you close the hearing aid in your hand (if hearing aid has a volume control be sure it is in the on position)
- Wipe off the shell with a soft cloth
- Use the provided tool to remove debris from all openings
- Brush off any remaining debris with a hearing aid brush
- Replace wax filter if needed
- Replace the battery if needed
- Replace dome (for RITE Hearing aids)
Professional Hearing Aid Repair
If you have examined your hearing aid and have determined that the issue cannot be fixed using these steps, a visit to your local audiologist is needed. Hearing professionals work quickly to assess the damage and determine a solution quickly. Many repairs can be done in the office, but the rest will be shipped overnight to the manufacturer’s hearing aid shop for thorough testing and repair.
Once back, our audiologists verify the function and arrange for pickup. Whether your hearing aid has water exposure, physical damage, or is experiencing an unexplained malfunction, our audiologists are there to help.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you are experiencing issues with your hearing aid and are looking for a hearing aid repair in Phoenix, Metro Hearing’s audiologists are here for you. Whether you purchased your device from Metro Hearing or another practice, our clinical team can get it back in working order as quickly as possible. Contact Metro Hearing today to set up an appointment for assessment and repair.