Communicating with hearing loss can be frustrating. In addition to wearing a hearing aid here are some simple strategies you can utilize to help make communication easier:
- Face the speaker
- Don’t multitask; focus only on what is being said.
- Reduce background noise when possible
- In restaurants, sit in a corner facing the conversation
- Ask the speaker to slow down if necessary
- Don’t try to listen from another room
- Try to sit up front at meetings
- At theaters make use of the assistive devices
- Make sure your hearing aids are functioning properly
- Move closer
Contact Metro Hearing today to schedule a hearing test with our audiologists!